Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Momentus is reshaping the landscape of space transportation by offering in-space shuttle services to move satellites between orbits. Rooted in breakthrough technologies, our transportation services are powered by deep space resource utilization, ushering in a new era of movement within our solar system. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future.
As we expand our staff, research, and manufacturing facilities, we are seeking an exceptional self-driven professional to manage and advise controlling function in the company. This individual will report to the CFO work across teams to develop and maintain a robust controlling program.
- Produce monthly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, FAR/DFAR, and DCAA requirements;
- Ensure the effectiveness of internal controls;
- File all periodic governmental filings (property tax, sales tax, etc.);
- Direct / Control all cash management functions;
- Manage accounting policies, procedures, processes, and business systems to ensure high quality and efficient accounting and reporting;
- Ad hoc financial reporting and analysis, as well as special projects as needed;
- Manage auditors and tax advisors ;
- Assist to financial planning team in detailed annual department budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process.
- Interact with Executive Management and Board of Directors as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting [Required), advanced degree a plus;
- Certified Public Accountant [Required);
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR and DCAA requirements
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience;
- Manufacturing industry experience;
- Start-up industry experience preferred;
- Strong understanding in ERP system;
- Experience in Government contracting arrangements;
- Good time management skills to manage fluctuating work volume;
- Detailed oriented and able to multi-task;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Experience working in a fast-paced team environment; and the ability to manage conflicting priorities.