Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
Momentus was born out of countless discussions with satellite operators looking for rides to destinations which weren’t commercially being offered. Our mission is simple: we want enterprise and existence to flourish in space and we know that creating truly efficient in-space transportation will make that possible.
Rooted in breakthrough technologies, our transportation services will be powered by deep space resource utilization, ushering in a new era of movement within our solar system.
- The Innovation Laboratory Engineer will participate in research and development projects in collaboration with senior science and engineering staff.
- This is a hands-on rapid prototyping role supporting highly innovative engineering development.
- This person will work in a highly collaborative environment with a diverse group of scientists, engineers, and technical staff.
- A bachelor degree in engineering with proven practical development experience.
- A friendly disposition and willingness to attempt unusual projects.
- Strong references.
Desired experience and/or skills include:
- Advanced degree(s) in thermodynamics, fluid flows, mechanical engineering or related scientific fields;
- At least 10 years relevant practical experience;
- Familiarity with both manual and numerically controlled machine tools;
- Familiarity with vacuum systems, high voltage systems, and/or radio-frequency and microwave sources is a plus;
- Evidence of prior technical innovation to include such things as published patents or scientific papers.