Field(s) of expertise
Electronics Engineering Education and STEM
About this job
Momentus has an immediate opening for research engineers and physical scientists. Momentus’ mission is to provide connecting flights in space. To do this we are building versatile space tugs propelled by our Microwave Electrothermal Thrusters (MET’s) to boost our clients payloads their desired orbit.
Salary and option compensation is competitive with Series A level Silicon Valley startups plus exceptionally good benefits. This is a full-time position in Santa Clara California. Key features of the job include
- High level of empowerment and autonomy to develop and prove new inventions in under a year from concept to flight.
- Stock options in a highly valued venture-funded startup
- Membership in a dynamic team of gifted and intellectually diverse professionals having a great time working on exciting projects.
- Excellent benefits and bonus structures.
We are looking for innovative scientists/engineers with proven hands-on experience working on highly innovative solutions to difficult engineering problems, preferably across a range of disciplines.
Ideal candidates should have knowledge and experience in 2 or more of the following areas:
- High power electronics/High voltage systems
- Plasmas and gas discharges
- Analogue electronics
- Microwave engineering
- High temperature materials
- Hypersonic gas dynamics and reacting flow
- Thermal physics/fluid mechanics
- A PhD, or a master’s degree with a couple of years industrial experience, in engineering or experimental physics.
- Hands on laboratory experience is key for this position.
- Knowledge of and experience with rapid prototyping, either in the mechanical domain or the electrical domain, is desired.
- The candidate should enjoy working within a rapid prototyping, agile experimentation, and Edisonian engineering environment.
- A willingness to work on several projects simultaneously.