Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Project & Service Management
About this job
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).The position is in the Systems Department, Flight Systems Division (comprises of 4 persons).The candidate will mainly report to the Flight System Division Manager.
Please include your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) by your application.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment and occasional travels within Europe.
- Management of a project for development and qualification of a spaceflight system
- System requirements engineering and verification
- System design and interface control (mechanical, electrical, electronics, software)
- COTS subsystem selection, procurement and qualification
- Assessment of safety aspects in human spaceflight environment
- Management of a multidisciplinary team, suppliers and subcontractors
- Assembling, integrating, validating and testing payloads and flight hardware
- Manage design, manufacturing, assembling, integrating, testing ground support equipment, ground models and flight models
- Interface to customer.
- A Master Degree in Space Systems, Mechanical or Electrical/Electronics engineering
- At least 3 years of systems engineering experience
- Experience with full development cycle (from requirements engineering to campain testing).
The following will be considered as an asset:
- Experience with project management (scrum, agile)
- Experience with space system development and verification processes (i.e. NASA, ECSS, GPQ-010)
- Experience with flight system/payload hardware development for human spaceflight, involving mechanics and electronics
- Experience with space system testing, verification and qualification.
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Ability to work in distributed international teams
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- A keen eye for detail and procedures
- Excellent written and spoken English