Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
In our professional and collegiate Quality / Product Assurance group (7 fte), we support users and customers in scientific and contract research projects. We ensure the implementation of quality requirements right from the beginning of a project, and throughout all phases of a program, in both hardware and software. We work in small project groups but also in large international consortia of institute organizations.
We are looking for an inspiring Head of our Quality / Product Assurance group, who has at least 5 years of experience in Product Assurance.
Please include your motivation letter with CV by your application. Please state the vacancy number “SRON 1553” in the subject of your email.
- You will support the Principle Investigator of Scientific Instrumentation projects on quality matters and interpret and manage the quality aspects of complex space hardware development contracts.
- You will be a member of the Engineering Management team.
- We are looking for a team leader with a technical background in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- The idea of developing and improving failure prevention policies, procedures, trainings and methods for products, materials, components and operational quality is right up your street.
- You can deal and negotiate with agencies, sub-contractors, partner institutes from in and outside the EU, and with internal staff.
- Furthermore you work effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment.
- You can define and implement solutions inline with team objectives, individual objectives and project deadlines.
- We would not mind if you were passionate about creation and implementation of innovative technologies.
- It is a plus if you have experience in diverse functional areas relevant to space instrumentation, including knowledge of the ECSS landscape and Configuration Control Systems.