Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
The Spacecraft AI&T and Operations Engineer will participate in flight spacecraft system assembly, integration and test, mission planning, on-orbit operations and maintenance. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a high productivity environment and have experience with time critical spacecraft operations.
- Support assembly, integration and testing of flight spacecraft and subsystems.
- Create test plans and procedures.
- Perform mission planning and spacecraft event scheduling to ensure customers are delivered to target orbits on schedule.
- Support in-flight operations including nominal and maintenance operations and contingency scenarios.
- Support spacecraft systems engineering team.
- Maintain communications equipment for spacecraft ground testing.
- Manage ground station network.
- Support evaluation of spacecraft in-flight performance.
- This position will occasionally require flexible working hours including nights and weekends to support spacecraft operations.
Desired Skills And Experience:
- Familiarization with all stages of mission operations including launch, commissioning, operations and deorbiting.
- Experience integrating and testing flight hardware.
- Understanding of spacecraft avionics functions, failure modes and debugging strategies.
- Experience using laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, network analyzers, and power supplies.
- Experience operating spacecraft in LEO, MEO, HEO and deep space (lunar and interplanetary).
- Experience with data analysis to confirm mission performance and identify adverse trends.
- Understanding of orbital mechanics and trajectory planning.
- Familiarity working with ground station infrastructure and ground operations software.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent technical communications skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Work Experience:
- Minimum BS in Engineering plus 4 years relevant experience.
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training and competitive with Series A level Silicon Valley space startups but with exceptionally good benefits. This is a full time position in Santa Clara California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â