Field(s) of expertise
Project & Service Management
About this job
ESSP, a private company with 7 major European Air Navigation Service Providers as shareholders, manages the operation and supports the adoption of the European Satellite Based Augmentation System to GPS: EGNOS.
The adoption of this service is rapidly growing given it allows correcting the GPS signal and offers enhanced features with accurate positioning and integrity within safety-of-life services context such as public transportation.
Within the Service & GNSS Projects Development Department, the Multimodal Service Development Expert leads the Service Development activities in multimodal domains related to Safety and liability critical applications such as in maritime, railway and road.
The Multimodal Service Development Expert is responsible for:Support the Service Development Manager in activities within different EGNOS multimodal domains (except aviation) for the use of the SoL service, in particular in Maritime, Rail and Road or any other multimodal domain where SoL or liability critical applications are developed, notably:
- Assessing and defining the EGNOS Service Provision scheme for each SoL/Liability critical application domain with reference to the applicable requirements and regulations,
- Participating to key supporting cells / standardisation bodies (workshops, taskforces, etc.) within the relevant organisations for each SoL/Liability critical application domain (IALA, IMO, EMRF, UNISIG, UNIFE, Shift2Rail, ERA, etc.),
- Establishment of the required formal interfaces and relationships with relevant stakeholders in key multimodal sectors (IMO, ERA, UNISIG, IALA, etc.),
- Defining, negotiating and maintaining the Agreements with relevant users in any SoL and liability critical applications domains,
- Leading the implementation of an open and transparent provision of services per domain,
- Close coordination with ESSP certification team,
- Support to promotion events on EGNOS applications for the multimodal applications.
Support the Service Development Manager in GNSS and/or multimodal projects, in terms of:
- Project definition,
- Proposal preparation,
- Project management and coordination.
- Ability to work in team
- Good capacity of analysis and synthesis
- Availability, anticipation and adaptability
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent presentations skills
- Ability for solving problems
- Ability to assume responsibilities
- Proactiveness and ability to take initiative
- High Level of English (B2-C1) – CEFR
- Spanish (desirable)
- Service Development oriented
- Project management
- Relevant knowledge of EGNOS and GNSS in General.
- Good knowledge in at least one of maritime/railway/road sectors and associated technologies/standards
- Experience in Regulatory assessments
- Available for national and international travels
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the engineering sector and 5 years of experience in a field relevant to GNSS/EGNOS Services and Applications (maritime/railway/road/…).
- Engineering Master degree or equivalent
- Experience in projects in an international context (European)