Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Software Engineering
About this job
HawkEye 360 is a Radio Frequency (RF) data analytics company. We operate the first of its kind commercial satellite constellation to identify, process, and geolocate a broad set of RF signals. We extract value from this unique data through proprietary algorithms, fusing it with other sources to create powerful analytical products that solve hard challenges for our global customers. Our products include maritime domain awareness and spectrum mapping and monitoring designed to serve a wide range of commercial, government and international customers.
Build the world’s first RF-Derived Geospatial Analytics Firm
HawkEye 360 is currently seeking an Associate Software Engineer to join the Analytics Team. The team’s mission is to create state-of-the-art analytics and user interfaces to interpret and display HawkEye 360 data products. Analytics Team members possess of a mix of software development and engineering skillsets, which they employ to design, build, and deploy customer-centric products and interfaces. The Engineering Analytics team works closely with the Product Management and Processing teams to develop scalable, secure, and flexible software architectures and capabilities. The Engineer reports to the Director of Analytics, and interfaces with the signal processing, space, operations, and product teams.
- Support the design and development of geospatial algorithms and analyses to exploit and analyze HE360 collected data combined with procured third-party datasets.
- Contribute as a member of the Analytics team to support the development of the HE360 geolocation and analytics architecture and implementation.
- Collaborate across teams to understand requirements, use cases, and functionality and incorporate this information into the HE360 architecture and implementation.
- Support the design and development of the software architecture to process, fulfill, and deliver HE360 data products to customers.
- Evaluate and integrate open-source tools to enhance the HE360 data management, visualization, and fusion capabilities.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Develop tests at the unit, component, and system level, forming a continuous integration pipeline that prevents regressions as we continually enhance our software.
- Learn and apply new technologies and solving new problems.
- Demonstrated experience in software development as part of a team with object-oriented concepts using Java.
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle experience.
- 1-3 years professional experience working and leading software teams
- M.S. or B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We’d Like to See…
- Experience developing using Spring Boot
- Experience implementing CI/CD workflows with Jenkins, Gradle, Docker, etc.
- Experience deploying and hosting application on AWS
- Experience using and developing GIS software using ArcGIS or OSS tools
- Ability to work in a small and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with all levels of company disciplines (i.e. Legal, HR, etc.)
- Sense of humor and ability to proactively problem solve
- Great customer relationship skills
HawkEye 360, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.