Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales Project and Service Management
About this job
HawkEye 360 is a Radio Frequency (RF) data analytics software company. We operate the first of its kind commercial satellite constellation to identify, process, and geolocate a broad set of RF signals. We extract value from this unique data through proprietary algorithms, fusing it with other sources to create powerful analytical products that solve hard challenges for our global customers. Our products include maritime domain awareness, natural resource protection, and spectrum mapping, designed to serve a wide range of commercial, government and international customers.
Build the world’s first commercial space-based RF Analytics Firm
Reporting to the Vice President of Product, the Product Manager will be responsible for driving the product strategy, developing supportable business cases for new product and feature development, and ensuring successful product launches and long-term customer satisfaction. S/he will be expected to perpetually iterate and innovate, determine priorities, develop roadmaps, and manage systems and processes to deliver products that will perform and inspire. The right candidate must be an intuitive thought leader who can fully understand global market demands in both the public and private sectors. Additionally, s/he will serve collaboratively with the engineering, business development and sales teams to ensure alignment of product strategy and product offerings. The Product Manager will be both a “strategic thinker” and “pragmatic doer” who shapes, leads, and executes on the product priorities. The ideal candidate will not be shy about product reinvention, always looking for new ways to make Hawkeye difficult to follow.
- Develop product strategy, define the product roadmap and identify development milestones.
- Closely collaborate with the sales, operations and engineering functions, to ensure alignment of product roadmap with company objectives.
- Execute a disciplined and effective product development processes, including developing product requirements, designing a delightful user experience, business case support, release planning, execution, and release success measurement.
- Design and execute product launch campaigns and implement metrics to track and report on market adoption rates.
- Implement processes to ensure institutional learning from mistakes, and for rapid identification of mis-steps, and adjustment and risk mitigation when product development or product launches do not go as planned.
- Unwavering focus on meeting targets and achieving objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years professional product experience with at least 4 years leading product development.
- Experience with big data analytics solutions. Signals analysis experience preferred, but not absolute. AI\ML is a nice to have.
- Demonstrated understanding of analytic product development within service based and/or cloud subscription models.
- Experience applying Design Thinking to product development lifecycle.
- Experience with global markets, including government (commercial nice to have).
- Experience transforming an early product into a fully rationalized product line.
- Deep analytical and organizational skills w/ the ability to concisely articulate a salient point of view including feature trade-offs and product design choices.
- Passionate about solving customer problems through new and innovative technology.
- Great communication skills, sense of humor and willingness to do the hard work required to make an early-stage venture successful.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively and collaboratively with all company functions including accounting/finance, human resources, engineering, product, and legal/strategy.
- Nice to have: exposure to defense and intelligence ecosystem.
- Nice to have: geo-spatial and/or RF technologies.
- Attributes: intelligent, resilient, creative, good humored, efficient, team-player, respectfully candid, non-political, sensible and straightforward.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus. Background in engineering, computer science, statistics, or cloud development preferred.
- Must be a team player who can work well across all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable in small but very fast passed environment.
- Proactive problem solver with good sense of humor.
HawkEye 360, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.