Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
HawkEye 360 is a Radio Frequency (RF) data analytics company. We operate a first-of-its-kind commercial constellation of satellite clusters to identify, process, and geolocate a broad set of RF signals. We extract value from this unique data through proprietary algorithms, fusing it with other sources to create powerful analytical products that solve hard challenges for our global customers. Our products include maritime domain awareness applications, spectrum mapping and monitoring, and geolocation as a service. We serve a wide range of commercial, government and international customers.
Build the world’s first RF-Derived Geospatial Analytics Firm
HawkEye 360 seeks a Satellite Engineer, Flight Dynamics to join the Space Systems Engineering Team. The mission of the Space Systems Engineering Team is to build, test, launch, operate and maintain a constellation of small commercial satellite clusters. The Space Systems Team is also responsible for building and operating a segment of groundstations to provide communications with these satellites. The satellite clusters provide a platform for RF data collection and are essential to HawkEye’s core business.
HawkEye 360 is looking for a candidate with good problem-solving skills, creativity and a passion for working with and developing new, innovative technology.
- Implement modeling techniques for analysis and simulation of large satellite constellations.
- Assist in the planning and execution of station-keeping maneuvers.
- Analyze existing satellite attitude determination and control systems operations for accuracy and reliability using simulation and telemetry from on-orbit spacecraft.
- Identify and resolve GN&C performance-related issues and assist others resolving issues, to include ADCS issues.
- Design, analyze, and tune sequential filters (e.g. Kalman filters) for attitude determination and relative navigation.
- Help design systems with sensitive position, navigation and timing (PNT) requirements (such as to support RF geolocation applications).
- Work with business development and sales staff to support proposal writing.
- B.S. in Electrical/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering/Computer Science, or Physics with 5 years work experience.
- Strong understanding of classical dynamics, orbital mechanics, modeling and simulation, and software development.
- Experience with delta-v budgets and planning.
- Experience with or exposure to inertial sensors, GPS data, and inertial navigation to include Kalman Filtering.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with two of [MATLAB, Python, C/C++]
We’d Like to See…
- Experience in satellite attitude determination and control.
- Experience in orbit raising and station keeping.
- Experience with formation flying.
- Experience with the Linux operating system and scripting languages (e.g., bash, python).
- Ability to work in a small and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact directly with coworkers across the company (i.e. Legal, HR, etc.).
- Attention to detail.
- Sense of humor and ability to proactively problem solve.
- A curious outlook – willingness to learn new things and solutions to fit the problem.
- Experience in a fast-paced, small company where priorities can change rapidly.
HawkEye 360, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.