Field(s) of expertise
About this job
HawkEye 360 is a Radio Frequency (RF) data analytics company. We operate the first of its kind commercial satellite constellation to identify, process, and geolocate a broad set of RF signals. We extract value from this unique data through proprietary algorithms, fusing it with other sources to create powerful analytical products that solve hard challenges for our global customers. Our products include maritime domain awareness and spectrum mapping and monitoring designed to serve a wide range of commercial, government and international customers
Build the world’s first RF-Derived Geospatial Analytics Firm
HawkEye 360 is currently seeking a Sr. FPGA Firmware Engineer to join the Processing team. The mission of the Processing Team is to build and deploy cross-domain systems to perform RF-based data collection and geolocation. The Processing team includes experts across the varied disciplines of hardware, FPGA development, embedded software, software defined radio, and cloud development; plus, deep knowledge of signal-of-interest (SOI) specific processing, RF communications systems, and RF measurement systems. The Processing Team both invents and implements state-of-the-art algorithms in a rapid release cycle to create new products that extract meaningful value from HE360’s unique global RF data sources.
HawkEye 360 is looking for a candidate with good problem-solving skills, who is creative and has a passion for working with and developing new innovative technology.
- Provide experienced leadership for Firmware/FPGA development of signals processing systems across the company.
- Develop and analyze digital signal processing algorithms and architectures and implement algorithms in hardware platforms.
- Complete a RFNOC board bring-up on custom hardware based on a Zynq Ultrascale, being developed by HawkEye, for our RF payload missions.
- Support the upgrade of RFNOC on our existing Zynq 7000 based RF Payloads that are currently on orbit.
- Collaboratively design and build new embedded systems improving RF collection capabilities for deployed software defined radios.
- Enhance HawkEye 360’s on-orbit processing capacity by working with the processing engineers to convert software signal processing components, into FPGA firmware and RFNOC blocks that can be run on orbit.
- Create and maintain tooling and automated systems to perform reliable builds and tests of FPGA modules across multiple hardware targets with long term support.
- 8+ years professional experience.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering required, M.S. preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in hardware description languages such as Verilog or VHDL.
- 5+ years’ experience programming in C or C++.
- Knowledge of Python for algorithm design and prototyping.
- Experience designing, optimizing and implementing DSP systems using programmable FPGA hardware.
- Experience developing software for custom hardware. Especially hardware that utilizes the Xilinx Zynq 7000 and Ultrascale SoCs.
- Experience designing, building, and integrating FPGA infrastructure and direct memory access (DMA) IP to interact with SoCs and other high-bandwidth transport mechanisms, e.g. SSDs, 10Gig Ethernet.
- Experience building mission-critical applications and supporting remote hardware.
- A passion for completing a job well – Attention to detail.
- A good attitude and team-oriented spirit.
We’d Like to See…
- Proven experience developing and modifying the open source RFNOC and UHD projects. Preferably someone who has been a committee to these projects.
- A curious outlook – willingness to learn new things and solutions to fit the problem.
- Experience in a fast-paced, small company where priorities can change rapidly.
- Dedication – sometimes we all need to burn a little midnight oil to get the job done
- Interest in mentoring more junior engineers
- Ability to work in a small and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with all levels of company disciplines (i.e. Legal, HR, etc.).
- Sense of humor and ability to proactively problem solve.
HawkEye 360, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.