Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
The primary purpose of the role is to supervise all financial tasks of the company and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially. Reporting directly into the CEO, this role will be the number one role in finance: you will be responsible for running the day to day operations of finance, running the complex financial models that will help influence key decisions and identify new business opportunities for we continue to grow.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage financial controlling and planning
- Manage P&L, balance sheet and liquidity and ensure overall financial health
- Ensure that financial targets are agreed and met across the company and reported accordingly to stakeholders
- Drive and own our annual budgeting and forecasting processes and ensure they are understood and adhered to across the business
- Review the monthly management accounts and present them, along with your analysis of progress against projected sales, purchasing and departmental budgets
- Provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Ensure that our financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies
- Provide timely and accurate finance and operational reporting and analysis to the leadership
- Own the payroll process working closely with our Talent team
- Strong academic track record
- Proven experience in a senior finance role within a start-up enviornment, taking responsibility for the function and acting as an advisor to the business
- Hands-on experience with accounting, controlling, treasury and finance operations
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Experience with best-practice and scalable processes for annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and KPI reporting
- Track record of supporting funding rounds of technology-backed, high-growth startups
- Entrepreneurial mindset, hands-on mentality, outcome orientation
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go our of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written German and excellent command of English