Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting a NATO Secret cleared Principal Technician (Database and Training Systems), to work on the AAS Project at NATO-NCIA, with work location in Mons, Belgium and on various NATO Locations.
Duties & Role:
- Installation of NCOP nodes in accordance with the product documentation,
- Perform NCOP implementation verification tests and provide site activation report after each successful installation,
- Carry out in-depth system troubleshooting, fault finding and analysis of system malfunctions as directed by the local technical staff,
- Support operational sites to operate, monitor and maintain assigned systems, sub-systems or assets,
- Document appropriate actions to enable system administration and troubleshooting,
- Perform software testing or other relevant Quality Assurance activities for new baselines,
- Provide NCOP knowledge transfer to the local technical staff,
- Perform other duties as may be required in the area of technical support services.
Skill, Knowledge & Experience:
- Installation of a complex NATO Functional Services (such as NCOP)
- System and Web-based applications troubleshooting and fault analysis,
- Service Oriented Architecture and associated tools (e.g. SOAP UI, Fiddler),
- Software testing and other Quality Assurance activities in the software engineering domain,
- Creating and reviewing system documentation and status reports,
It is also be considered highly desirable that the proposed candidate has:
- Experience supporting NATO FASes especially NCOP and iGeoSIT (MCCIS, LC2IS, AirC2IS, ICC or NIRIS is secondary),
- Knowledge on Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards,
- Experience in Network communications and protocols including Windows, TCP/IP and DNS.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, proactivity and strong sense of team work,
- Working as part of a technical support team
Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing: Work both oral and written in the post and in the Agency as a whole is conducted in English. Fluency in English: 3333 (Listening, speaking, reading and writing)
Candidates must be eligible to work at NATO-NCIA.