Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
We are a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all we do. In addition to our Group head office made up of support roles we also have two core business streams which are:
- Technology & Engineering. Design, deliver and support high-integrity systems from our facilities in Portsmouth, Manchester and Melksham. Engineering teams apply advanced techniques to produce solutions for our customers which can be relied upon for long service life, in difficult or dangerous environments. These include: atmosphere control systems for nuclear submarines and thermal management systems for chemical processing and energy industries.
- Consulting and Programme Services (CaPS). Provide through life services to enable our clients to manage the evolution of their own systems and services, in their own domain. Leveraging our long heritage of experience of designing, delivering and supporting safety, mission and business critical systems, we provide individuals with domain leading knowledge, skills and experience who can work within client teams or take full responsibility for the delivery of outcomes.
TP Group seeks an experienced Systems Engineering Consultant to undertake analysis activities for highly regulated/complex programmes delivering mission, business and safety critical solutions. You will have a background preferably in Space Systems or C4ISTAR engineering, with a sound understanding of scientific and mathematical techniques and the proven ability to develop technical solutions to business problems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Defining, analysing and documenting communication or sensor system requirements (incl. use of DOORS).
- Tools and techniques to develop architectural concepts and solutions including MODAF.
- Communication systems design, analysis and modelling.
- Tradespace analysis.
- Application of European Cooperation for Space Standardization (ECSS) Standards or equivalent.
- Satellite Scenario development and analysis.
- Link budget analysis.
- Design analysis techniques including reliability, dependability and safety analysis.
- Assembly, Integration and Verification Methods.
- Software/Hardware Product Assurance processes.
- Technology and capability roadmapping.
- Experience or aspirations to undertake demanding consultancy assignments, with the ability to work autonomously or within engineering teams.
- Flexibility to work across multiple client sites.
- Degree qualified in Electronics Engineering or relevant Scientific subject.
- Candidates will ideally have at least 5 years of relevant expertise.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.
Our people make us the successful company we are and have a TEAM TP Group culture. These values are:
- Achieve together
- Embrace responsibility
- Strive for excellence
- Build unity
- Challenge ourselves
- Have integrity in all we do