Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
SatixFy is looking for an experienced mechanical/thermal engineer with a background in delivery of mechanical/thermal solutions for satellite electronics & payloads. In this position you will design, build and test all the mechanical structures required for the payload subsystems. You will oversee all the structural, thermal and dynamic analysis and validation.
- Design RF and digital electronics packaging optimized for space environmental conditions.
- Mechanical and thermal analysis of all the payload subsystems.
- Generation of specifications, drawings, control documents, plans are reports to support multiple payload programs.
- Testing of the payload modules per environmental mission requirements.
- Interface with customers, payload engineers, AIT engineers and program staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Strong design and integration skills using 3-D CAD software (SolidWorks, AutoCAD as well as structural analysis tools).
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on test and CAD design of complex highly constrained systems for optimum spacecraft configuration.
- Experience with required test infrastructure to meet the needs of testing space grade systems (Vibration, Shock, Thermal Vacuum).
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis.
- Experience in material selections for space applications, and advanced electronics PCBAs manufacturing /packaging.
- Experience with Thermal/Heat Transfer Analysis highly preferred.
- Experience of working with ESA processes and projects would be highly beneficial.
We are a company that promote a risk aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.