Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Software Engineering
About this job
Septentrio is a leading supplier of highly accurate GPS/GNSS receivers for demanding applications, requiring accuracies in the decimeter or centimeter range, even under difficult conditions. We provide chip sets and reference designs, board-level OEM modules as well as system-level GPS/GNSS receivers including advanced positioning software to our customers in machine control and construction, land and marine survey, mobile mapping, drones, rail, automotive ADAS and much more.
- As the Applications Support Engineer, you will be responsible for guiding our OEM and systems customers through the evaluation and integration of our highly capable GNSS and GNS/INS positioning systems.
- You will become fluent in Septentrio’s: GNSS+ technologies, on-receiver web UI, advanced commands interface, GNSS/INS data analysis and post-processing software tools, and cloud-based monitoring offerings.
- You will provide customers with training, system configuration and PCB design reviews, fault diagnosis, spectral analysis, and other technical assistance to optimize their use of our products and minimize time-to-market to ensure complete customer success.
- You will do so in close cooperation with our US sales, as well as our engineering and product management teams. Your continuous feedback will help define the roadmap for our next generation of products. You will travel between 15 and 30% of the time in the US, Canada and occasionally to Europe and South America.
- You have a Bachelor or Master in Electronical Engineering or communications systems / computer science or equivalent.
- You have a strong technical background in data collection & processing, preferably in GPS/GNSS and GNSS/INS
- You have a good understanding of hardware & software integration, preferably experience with GNSS receivers, UHF Radios, Cellular Modems, WiFi routers, serial interfaces, etc.
- You are comfortable with engineer-to-engineer engagements
- You can communicate the workings of a complex engineering products/process in a straightforward unassuming manner
- You have experience in application support or in system integration projects
- You are comfortable in a customer facing role, and passionate about what you do.
- You are a self-starter and want the team to succeed.
- We consider it an extra asset if you have working experience in our industry or in similar functions.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable