Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting Documentation Service Manager for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) starting with the 01.01.2023.
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The overall goal of the service is to perform a timely and accurate processing of routine and ad-hoc incoming information (documentation, records management). Supporting the overall knowledge and setting up a culture of best practices in the Directorate for Documentation and Data management, ensuring compliance to security, export control and personal data protection requirements.
- Support the definition and the implementation of the documentation management processes mainly for D/HRE E3P projects and workplan activities.
- Support to the update of the D/HRE Project Documentation Management Plan (RD-20-01) describing the documentation related processes and procedures to be implemented.
- Provision of proactivity in elaboration of the processes from a technical feasibility viewpoint, based on previous extensive experience in the implementation of documentation management
- Supporting the HRE management and projects in the definition of the documentation control requirements.
- Perform logistic support to technical and programmatic review organization.
- Support the definition of review logistics for reviews with the nominated project representatives, (e.g., project control, configuration management).
- Support to users for issues related to the tools and the training of new users. The service acts as the focal point for relating user problems for these electronic tools. The user support to users located off-site will be provided via telephone or MS Teams. The key tools concerned are:
- DCCM for documentation management.
- eRID for review item discrepancy.
- AIM for action item management.
- eRISK (or the future tool replacing it) for risk register.
- Preparation of and delivery of targeted training and user guides for the users of the documentation management system, RIDs, actions items.
- Ensure the availability of the service within the required hours and continuity of support during the holiday period. The Service Manager shall be responsible for allocating the workload amongst all the service members in line with the fluctuating D/HRE needs.
- Assign a deputy during the Service Manager’s absence.
- Notify the Agency’s Technical Representative and its Deputy in writing of any problem that affects the nominal delivery of service with respect to the requirements of the SLA.
- Prepare the quarterly report, service meeting report and potential ad-hoc reports.
- Maintain and produce overall documentation processing statistics and status of documentation service requests and KPI’s.
- Overall co-ordination with Project Review Managers the implementation of the Document Review Process for Technical or Programmatic Reviews. This involves the setup in the RID System the availability of online documentations and users’ access. Where the standalone application is required, it will also necessitate coordinating the setup of the corresponding local databases.
- Establish and maintain a log of all requests for the Documentation Management Service and co-ordinate prioritization with the ESA Technical Responsible. The contractor shall work towards data entry target levels.
- Take stock of and establish/execute a plan to eliminate any backlog.
- Audit and report on documentation user access rights for quarterly reporting.
- Provide an added value and proactive management approach to assist the Directorate with its documentation and project deliverables activities.
- Implementation of the documentation management processes including the organization of specific meetings with project team members as required.
- Ensuring all project members producing documents comply with the prescribed procedure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with relevant experience.
- Master’s degree (Business or IT related) is considered an asset.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience required.
- A sound and proven experience in documentation management processes and tools.
- A sound and proven experience in working in documentation management or library service.
- A good knowledge of the HRE directorate’s programmes.
- An in-depth knowledge of the documentation management related working procedures in HRE.
- An in-depth knowledge of the documentation management system Polaris is an asset.
- A good knowledge of the NASA EDMS.
- Knowledge with ITAR and EAR regulations.
- Familiarity with ESA Project Review related working procedures in HRE is an asset.
- A sound and proven experience in providing a customer-oriented service in a senior capacity.
- A demonstrated customer and service-oriented personality.
- Knowledge of supporting a project-oriented environment is an asset.
- Ability to establish positive and constructive working relationship with team members and other colleagues within and outside of HRE-P, service orientation, and ability to interface with senior management.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.