Field(s) of expertise
Electronics Engineering Software Engineering
About this job
Septentrio is a leading supplier of highly accurate GPS/GNSS receivers for demanding applications, requiring accuracies in the decimeter or centimeter range, even under difficult conditions. We provide chip sets and reference designs, board-level OEM modules as well as system-level GPS/GNSS receivers including advanced positioning software to our customers in machine control and construction, land and marine survey, mobile mapping, drones, rail, automotive ADAS and much more.
- As Applications and Support Engineer, you manage all technical aspects of the pre- and post-sales process for our key customers. You will be responsible for guiding them through the evaluation and integration of OEM receiver boards and end user products in their application.
- Targeting the customer’s specific technical needs, you will offer on-site integration assistance, perform demonstrations and help in performance testing with the purpose of defining the optimal solution based on our products. You will do so in close cooperation with our sales team and you will have frequent contact with our technical specialists and product managers.
- As part of the Applications and Support Group you take ownership of technical issues reported by customers and follow through to resolution in a timely and accurate manner. In addition, you will support established customers with training and other activities which enable the optimum use of our products in the field.
- You work in close cooperation and you have frequent communications with the Applications and Support Group at the headquarters in Belgium, including two trips per year. When you start, you will receive an extensive training period of one to three months in Belgium.
- Master or Technical Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Geomatics or equivalent.
- Strong technical background, preferably in GNSS applications.
- Willing to travel extensively in China and other destinations where our customers require our assistance.
- A pragmatic hands-on customer-oriented attitude.
- Show leadership in handling challenging situations.
- A good understanding of communication, hardware and software integration.
- Mandarin speaker with good English skills.
- Based in Shanghai.
We consider it an extra asset if you have working experience in our industry or in similar functions. The ideal candidate is flexible to be posted in our remote offices for longer periods of time.