Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants, and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project, Programme and Portfolio (P3) professional to join our Delivery Team as the Delivery Manager for our Defence Business Unit, based mainly at our Romsey facility. This role demands a variety of experience from the holder but for the right person, it has plenty on offer.
The purpose of the Delivery Team is to provide value to our customers and support the running and growth of our business through the delivery of value adding, lean business, P3 and manufacturing services. This role will own the business and P3 processes and work with the Portfolio Managers and Manufacturing Lead to help the business work as efficiently and effectively as possible
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Leaning the business and P3 processes for the Defence Business Unit.
- Creating a single point of entry into the Delivery Team for all support maximising the utility in SharePoint and other Business Information Systems.
- Creating confidence in the available data through the use of single versions of the truth and accurate forecasting.
- Minimising the duplication of effort in maintaining data by directly linking to available BIS wherever possible.
- Deputise for the Head of Delivery as required.
- Managing the monthly and annual business cycles to best effect, including financial forecasting and data assurance.
- Provide an assurance role including conducting health checks of programmes/projects.
- Look for opportunities across the business unit to increase planned profitability and maximise staff utilisation.
- Provide flexible and scalable project and programme management services as required.
- Monitoring compliance of business and P3 processes.
- Bringing Roke’s enabling services to bare in support of the business and our portfolios.
What do we expect from you?
Key Characteristics – Business Management
- Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively across a range of stakeholders, build strong networks and work in cross functional teams.
- Must be able to lead and manage remote teams, create a supportive environment that supports a culture of innovation, and continued professional and business improvement
- Must be able to produce efficient and effective P3 policies and processes across a spectrum of projects and programmes to provide appropriate and proportionate levels of governance and assurance
- Must be able to provide effective tools that reduce the effort and burden in running the business
- Must be seen as an authority on P3 matters, able to coach and mentor to project support staff, and provide advice and guidance to project, programme and portfolio managers.
- Minimum of 10 years’ P3 experience in a customer facing organisations, preferably with experience of delivering frameworks into Defence
- Experience automating processes and information management by integrating SharePoint with other data sources
- Appropriate P3 qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, MoP, P3O – preferred)
What can we offer you?
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include flexi-time, travel insurance and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be willing to undergo, and be eligible to achieve HMG security clearance (prior to appointment). As a result, candidates should ideally be a British Citizen. However, you can hold another nationality and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high-level clearance bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work force and those with additional needs.