Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Configuration Management
About this job
Serco Europe is recruiting an Assistant Controller to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of diverse annual procurement plans in coordination with Department’s line management.
- Monthly management reporting on resource usage.
- Programme implementation and execution.
- Support to the processes related to the main resources of the organizational entity (i.e. budgets, manpower, staffing), including planning, execution and follow-up of the activities and resources (budgets, manpower, missions, recharges) of the Business Unit.
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of activities and related procurement actions as relevant managed by the Business Unit and of associated progress in terms of output / schedule / resources.
- Assessment and monitoring of the status of the procurement actions (using ESA Corporate and local IT Tools) including activity progress, maintenance of payment plans, correctness of financial charging, invoicing and payment.
- Implementing all administrative actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including data entry in ESA Corporate (e.g. SAP) and local application as appropriate and monitoring of financial commitments and payment milestones, invoicing, etc.
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers.
- Assisting in the definition, preparation, implementation and maintenance of management support tools to ensure efficient execution of the related tasks.
- Liaison with Contract, Budget and Payment Officers to ensure the coherence of the internal and external administrative data.
- Contribution to the definition of new and improvement of existing related processes and tools and production of related documents.
- Support to the risk management processes (e.g. maintenance of risk register, monitoring of status of risk mitigation/reduction actions) for the Business Unit.
- Support to the inventory and asset management processes for the Business Unit, including coordination of the proper registration of inventory items and assets, valuation of assets, in accordance with applicable procedures and instructions and the use of required tools.
- Support to the maintenance of industrial return databases for the BU, periodic verification of the BU data against ESA system for consistency, monitoring and forecasting of industrial return values for the procurements of the BU with respect to agreed targets, etc.
- Support assets and inventories management (including technical databases)
- Support BU for worked time activities processes with applicable procedures and instructions and the use of the required tool.
- Support BU for travel management processes with applicable procedures and instructions and the use of the required tool.
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant)
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with SAP and good proficiency in MS Excel are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Contract Procurement Process is desired.
- Able to work autonomously and with initiative whilst remaining a team player.
- Service orientated.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.