Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco Europe is recruiting a Secretary/Administrative Assistant to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC). This is a fixed term position, until 31.12.2024.
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Support for JCB as backup.
- Supporting the Line Managers and teams in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organizational and contractual matters.
- Planning/coordinating the commitments and meetings, organizing calendar and keeping the Line Managers informed on all issues of concern; supervising the preparation of files for such meetings and any special subjects.
- Answering incoming calls and performing a pre-screening of these calls for direct connection with the Line Managers or for reply at a later time. Keeping organised records of these calls and checking closure and follow up.
- Analysing incoming mail- paper and e-mail – and presenting these data in an organised and prioritized manner. Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches staff to insure timely responses.
- Ensuring the diffusion of information for the Teams.
- Preparation of staff missions and travel arrangements.
- Coordinating actions with other secretaries of the Department/ Division; Administrative support Coverage for other units when colleagues are on leave.
- Composing routine correspondence and keeping a filing system for incoming/outgoing mail. Generating documents and textual and graphics presentations.
- Check for correct authorisation, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorisation with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations as well as financial procedures). For the execution of the tasks the contractor will be expected to use related ESA Corporate software tools and documentation systems.
- Administering and maintaining the office documentation systems. Setting up the folder structure, registration, filing and distribution of correspondence and other documentation processed.
- Follow up of teams’ actions.
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the teams to take actions on given issues.
- Interfacing and providing support to teams on administrative matters related to use of the relevant systems.
- Coordination with Facility Management for local, on-site support (e.g. staff and contractors TUD/leaving/relocating).
- Participating to Events organisation.
- Vocational Degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Administrative assistant experience at executive level and in an international context.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft365 and Teams.
- A good knowledge of the various ESA tools (i.a. MAS, ESA-P) is welcomed.
- Knowledge of working methods in the space/telecommunications sector is considered an asset.
- It is important to note that this position requires a high level of confidentiality.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multi-national team environment.
- Proficient in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of another EU member state languages will be considered as an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.