Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
Are you ready to be the right hand to space exploration? We’re looking for a Secretary/Administrative Assistant to join our team at the ESA-ESTEC site in the Netherlands. This is your chance to be part of one of the world’s most prestigious space agencies.
This position offers support from 01/09/2023 to 31/12/2024. If you’re eager to dive into the exciting world of space and be a crucial part of our team, we want to hear from you!
- Supporting the Head of Office and the Project teams reporting to the Office in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organizational as well as contractual matters.
- Planning/coordinating the Head of Office’s and Project Manager/s’ agenda, commitments and meetings, organizing the missions and keeping the Head of Office informed on all issues of concern.
- Day-to-day support to Office personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Provision of various logistic support to the Office.
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Office personnel.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Office.
- Manage the procurement of promotional items for the Office projects in liaison with the Project Controllers, including preparation of requirements.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Establishing and maintaining the structure, records and files on the Management Information Systems, such as Eclipse, SharePoint.
- Organization of agenda and of meetings.
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the Office Staff to take action on given issues.
- Coordinating actions with other assistants of the department and interface with the other assistants of the Directorate.
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Office, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Office and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Office.
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
- Support to the Project Review Process.
- Support to visitor service: including access control, distribution of information material.
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
- Vocational Degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
- Multiple years of experience in assisting Senior Executive is an asset.
- Proven sense of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as very good qualities of order, method, tact, initiative, and in particular discretion are required.
- A proficiency in the use of the Agency’s information systems and tools (ESAP, Eclipse) is required
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.